Rosemary Almond Crackers (or chia)
- 1/2 cup ground golden flax (or 1/2 cup chia seeds)
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups almonds, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained with skins removed*
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped fine
- Himalayan Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Stir ground flax (or chia seeds) into water and set aside for 1/2 hour to soften.
2. Place wet, drained almonds in the food processor and process until very fine.
3. Remove almonds to bowl, stir in flax (or chia) mixture, rosemary, salt and pepper.
4. Spread thin on a non-stick sheet. I place another non-stick sheet on top of the mixture and roll out with a rolling pin. Score into rectangles.
5. Dehydrate at 145 for 45 minutes**. Decrease heat to 115 and continue to dehydrate until crisp approximately 8 hours.
*The skins come off easily after soaking. You do not need to remove the skins.